When is the right time to introduce another member to your family? Is there ever a right time? I’m not talking about a 2nd baby here…that’s pretty standard practice, we’re talking about that crazy idea of a third – the one that most people assume was accidental, or a desperate attempt to get a baby of a different gender…
THE BIG PLAN
I’m a list writer, an organiser & I like to have a plan… always. A 3rd child was not part of my big plan… not until I had my second baby and quickly realised that I certainly didn’t feel done with the whole reproduction thing, so, should we, shouldn’t we, if we do, when?
I like to have a plan!
I like to have a plan!
I haven’t always been this way; pre surprise-first-baby I was scatty, unorganised & always a bit all over the place, my mind raced at 100mph & my body tried to keep up! I was easily excitable & always on the go. Having a child, a home & a schedule of my own made me realise how much I like being organised, throw in baby number 2 & my organisational skills are now somewhat advanced, if I do say so myself!
My days consist of routines, menu plans, nap times, organised play dates, shopping lists, colour coded washing piles & scheduled ‘working’ times – this is what I like… so for me there really is a need to know when to have a 3rd! lets forget the minor fact that my husband doesn’t particularly want a third child… tiny blip – he can be persuaded!
I have found myself googling ‘when to have a third child’ & ‘should we have a third child’ faced with 173,000,000 answers to these questions that even super organised me can’t schedule in, I have taken it upon me to write my own break down.
REASONS NOT TO HAVE A 3RD
- family holidays are made for 4, rooms fit 4, a plane aisle has 4 seats
- bigger car = expense = grumpy husband
- small 4th bedroom (awful excuse but it is one non the less)
- sometimes 2 kids is enough to break me
- people will think you have lost the plot
- various financial reasons, buying 3 first cars, uni costs, weddings etc etc
- filled with even more love for another human you have created
- giving the girls another sibling – the love they have is already unreal & I would love to see this shared with another sibling
- completing us as a family
- to surpress the wondering, longing & feelings that I can’t contain
- fun, laughter & love forever more