I love bath time & think it is a crucial part of establishing a a good bed time routine.
When Mr Meldrum is home we bath the girls together every night, when he’s away I bath them on alternate nights – at the moment bathing them together is a bit tricky on my own. Here is our simple bath time routine.
- run bath to 37 degrees
- lay changing mat with a towel on bathroom floor
- have both kido’s pj’s & hanging on radiators in whatever room you will be dressing them & nappy, talc (if using) laid on bed
- have any lotions and potions ready next to bath – you will need to have everything you are planning on using close to hand
- undress toddler & put in bath (after checking temp)
- put in Angelcare soft-touch bath support or whatever bath support you are using. this one is our favourite!
- undress baby & pop newborn on support
- talk to baby so they feel safe & secure
- gently scoop water onto babies body and head – Florrie likes a wet flannel over her tummy to start with to keep her feeling secure
- then use a small amount of your favourite body wash to wash your baby – make sure you get into all the little creases – we love the Earth Friendly Baby range, they are all natural and organic & best of all smell delicious
- I then remove the bath support with the help of Mr Meldrum (this step is ditched when I’m bathing the girls solo)
- Florrie then likes a little swim & this gives me a good chance to get into all of those creases
- when Florrie has had enough I lay her on the changing mat & wrap her up in a huge fluffy towel
- Mr Meldrum then takes over with S whilst I get Florrie dry & dressed